Tuesday, November 8, 2016

November 7, 2016

Hola,
That's cool that Dustin ran the 5k, (The Disney 5k and 10k at Disney World) I kind of miss running a little bit. I want to run a marathon when I get back, at least one. There's not a whole lot of time to run here, just when we're late to a lesson. 
Nice! Dustin's getting in on the missionary work! They seem like a great couple, have they gone to church? I don't have a ton of experience with people like that (A Muslim couple that we have had discussions with)   because everyone and their dog is Catholic here. Or Jehovah's Witness. Or Evangelico. He's gotta read the Book of Mormon, he's not going to be able to know anything if he doesn't. Try looking up some of the videos from the Testaments, I bet that he really doesn't have a whole lot of information on Jesus Christ. And then at the end he has to ask God if Jesus Christ is his son. He can only get the answer from a spiritual confirmation. If he doesn't pray and ask he can't get the answer. But sounds like you guys are doing a good job up there. 
So this week we had a miracle, we found Constanza. She's 14 or 15 and the cousin of a recent convert. We taught her twice before Sunday and she accepted to get baptized the 20th of November. We were super excited because her cousins are great and they are going to help her a ton. But then Saturday we found out the she got bit by some crazy bug and had to go to the hospital and didn't go to church. So that was pretty disappointing, but we're going to find her this week so we can get everything good again. 
I finally getting to know Huanhualí and the members. They're super awesome. It's cool to get to know the members and talk to them. And it usually takes them 4 or 5 weeks to learn your name so they finally know me now haha. 
I got my ballot (We sent him an absentee ballot) and I know it's a civil duty to vote but I'm pretty sure it's a civil duty to be informed and I'm the least informed person on the planet right now so I'm not sure if I want to vote. 
But that's about it from this week,
Love you guys!
Elder Cheney
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment