Tuesday, November 22, 2016

November 20, 2016

This week someone asked me when Thanksgiving was and I wasn't really sure. I knew it was a Thursday so I guess that counts. Canadians have their Thanksgiving in October (There is a Canadian in my district).
When do you guys go out there? Who else is going to be out there?
The Christmas spirit is a little more distant when I sweating and there are forest fires, but it's a good thing Christmas depends on the date and not the weather. But I'm pumped, we're sharing a bunch of Christmas videos already with people, they are so great. 
I'm going to be honest I don't think I'm going to eat Thanksgiving dinner this year. But based on my track record with Thanksgiving dinners I think that'll be a good thing for me. But that'll be fun, send me some pictures. Whose coming over?
I can print here, if you ever want to suggest a talk I can print things here so I can just print it out here. 
This week we taught a guy named Samuel. We taught him in the chapel and it went really well he wants to read the Book of Mormon and everything. he accepted a baptismal date for the 11th of December. Then he told us he plays piano so we let him play on the piano in the chapel and holy cow I almost cried. He is a master. It was crazy he's like Mozart reincarnated. We're going to teach him again today so we'll see how it went with the Book of Mormon.
But that was pretty much the week, it's crazy how December is already coming up. 
Love you guys!!!
Elder Cheney
(And thanks to Brenna for the following email from Daniel!)

> What are 8 things you are grateful for?
>
> 1. The opportunity to be here and share the Gospel 2. My family and friends at home that are supporting me(like you) 3. The people that open doors to us here and let us teach them 4. The members here that make us their family 5. Completos (google it) 6. The Scriptures 7. My companion Elder Almeida 8. And obviously the Atonement and Jesus Christ
>
> What was the high and low of this past week?
>
> The high: We had a meeting with our President and it was really spiritual and we got a lot of training and learned a whole ton of stuff so I'm pumped to share it with our zone this next week.
>
> The Low: This week I've been really, really tired. But it's a tired in mind and spirit. I guess I've been a little frustrated with how the work has been (Not so much success) but I always have to keep in mind whose work it is.
>
>
> What have you done that is fun lately?
>
> Fun... Do you remember when you were a kid and your parents always talked forever (like at the end of church) and you would get annoyed and ask them why they just talked and they said "This is what adults do for fun." The fun on the mission is usually "Missionary fun" But we play soccer on p-days and eat and that's about it haha.
>
>
> How do you start conversations with people usually? Like random people?
>
> Like contacts? We just walk up to someone that is passing us on the street and I say "Hola, ¿cómo está?" And we try to get to know them in 30 seconds and then teach them something small to hook them on the Gospel and see if we can share more. But it still feels awkward to just talk to random people on the street. It doesn't scare me as much anymore haha.
>
>
> Weirdest thing someone has asked you?
>
> That comes to my mind right now someone asked me what I thought about how the American and Russian governments keeping all the secrets of aliens, time travel, and teleportation. We were in that house with that guy sharing like 30 minutes of his conspiracy theories. And I was tired so it wasn't a good combination.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Sushi Chilean style




No comments:

Post a Comment