Wednesday, October 5, 2016

October 3, 2016

Conference was really good. I didn't even fall asleep once. It's weird watching it as a missionary, I guess I understand better how important it all really is. 

It's spring right now. It's so weird. It should be fall. But that's cool, I like apple stuff. Are you gonna carve pumpkins?

For the Christmas box to be safe let's pretend that I'll have 3 or 4 companions. Ha.  Actually we have changes this week so we'll see what happens to good ole Quintero. Elder Carter is half way done with his training! But for the package I don't really know, Christmas related things. 
Tell that kid to write me! Who is he? Where is he from? Referring to an investigator we had over for conference.

I made biscuits and gravy this week! It was actually beef not sausage, I couldn't find any and not biscuits, but bread. But it was still pretty good. You gotta send me a biscuit recipe so I can crank some out. And other stuff that I can try to make for p-days. 

We had a good week, one of our investigators, Noemi went to all the sessions Saturday in the chapel (She got there at 11 am and stayed until 7pm) and the first session Sunday. She loved everything and said that she wanted to stay for the priesthood session too Saturday. She is really awesome and has a great testimony, she just needs to work out some stuff with her work so she can go to church. 

Something I really liked from Conference is the talk of President Nelson. He said something like: "Happiness is a decision; not a result of our situation." If we always wait on our situation to change, for a new car, new job, better family situation to be happy, we're going to die waiting! We are saying to ourselves that we have to wait to be happy for circumstances that are beyond our control. We have to learn how to not let our internal well being depend on our external situation. The true happiness comes from keeping the commandments, being faithful to our covenants, and feeling that God is happy with our efforts. 2 Nephi 2:13 "Without righteousness there is no happiness."

Besides that we're kind of waiting to see what happens with changes y eso. 
Love you guys!
Elder Cheney
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment