Monday, October 17, 2016

October 17, 2016

FELIZ CUMPLEÑAOS A TI! FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS A TI! FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS MAMÁ! FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS A TI! I hope you have a great birthday this week! Eat some pumpkin pie!
Send me some pictures!
I still haven't gotten the box yet I think I'll get it in one or two weeks when we have interviews with President.  
My only advice for college admission essays are that they have their parents write them. I honestly have no idea, just answer the questions?
I met a Sister that lived in France for like 10 years and speaks french but besides that no. But I'm  going to learn it anyways.
 I haven't written Tyler yet, (His cousin on a mission) what's his email? I'm going to shoot him an email. 
 
This week in interchanges that we had we knocked doors all day without luck. No one wanted anything to do with us. Rejection after rejection. Not one person opened their door to us all day. It was kind of a hard day, I like to teach haha. But at the very end of the day, the last 15 minutes we had we passed by a less active member and we taught her about the importance of keeping her covenants and treasuring the gifts that God has given her. After that lesson she wanted to go back to church and felt a lot better. The whole day of rejection was worth it in that moment because we were able to help one person come closer to Christ. We were able to make an actual difference in someone´s life and it was so gratifying. This morning I read the parable of the lost sheep and the lost coin. This isn't a numbers game. This is about children of God and the worth of souls. Every person on this Earth is a precious child of God and we need to remember that. We need to help them understand their divine potential. And if we can help just one person to know that, then all the effort is worth it. 
Love you guys honey bunches!
Elder Cheney
I also received happy birthday wishes from 5 other missionaries that Daniel is working with, some in English, some in Spanish, and one in Portuguese which Google translated to "Happy Birthday Mama Cheney with little kisses in your heart!" So fun to hear from the other missionaries!  What a great group of young men!




No comments:

Post a Comment