Wednesday, October 26, 2016

October 24, 2016

Pucha, looks like you didn't get around to emailing me, but it's fine I guess you had a wild birthday party. Actually, I did email him, even though we were on vacation!!!  Not sure why he didn't get the email. . .
There's not really a whole lot to write about from this week because you didn't give me any material, but I had a really cool experience this week. I met dad's trainer from his mission. I was in intercambios in the ward El Rocio and we were in the chapel and the ward mission leader comes over and says "Cheney... I had a companion like that, but I think it was spelled differently." And we started to talk and I found out that he served in Santiago Norte in the 80's, and at that point we were pretty sure that he was dad's companion. Then I remembered that handsome little picture that I have of dad from his mission and I pulled it out to show to him and he started crying. It was a really cool experience and I took a picture with him, so ask dad if he remembers Elder Amaya. Brother Amaya contacted Darin on Facebook and told him this story as well.  They are now back in touch! An amazing blessing!
That was pretty much all that happened this week. It's starting to get hot, but it's not too humid so I'll get over it. Send me some pictures that I can print out!! To let you know I still haven't gotten the package, but we have interviews this week so I'll probably get it then. Did you get my letter?
Just to share real quick a scripture I read this morning:
"Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say REJOICE!" Philippians 4:4
Love you!
Elder Cheney
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment