Tuesday, April 5, 2016

April 4, 2016

Hey guys!!
This week was pretty good because we bought gas! No more cold showers until we run out! I almost cried the first time I took a warm shower. It's fall here and turns out it is actually starting to get cold. Looks like a long sleeve t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants might not be enough, so I think I have to look for a real jacket haha. 
We had a great experience this week. We were in the street talking about where we were going to go next and a little dog came up and peed on Elder Gonzalez's pants. It was really funny and he wasn't happy. 
There's some pictures of these banana cheese things that Elder Gonzalez made. They are like normal bananas but pretty big and he put them in the oven and then put cheese on them. They were pretty good, but we were also pretty hungry so who knows. 
We watched the General Conference in Spanish because apparently I'm in Chile so they do things here in Spanish. It wasn't too bad but I did get a headache haha. The conference was really good this week. One of my favorite parts was when someone quoted Elder Holland. He said "You can have what you want or you can have something better." I love this because all the frustration, unhappiness, and regret that we feel comes from not following the Lord. When we try to go our own way and think that we know better we end up discontent. The Lord's way is always better and I know if we follow Him that we will be happy. 
That's all folks! Hope you guys are doing well, and I'm praying for you!
Love,
Elder Cheney
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment