Thursday, March 31, 2016

March 28, 2016

Here are a couple of comments from another email before we get to the one he sent for everybody.  I had asked Daniel if he was able to focus more on the Savior and less on candy and Easter eggs:
Turns out we still focus on eggs, a couple members gave us chocolate eggs, and a less active made us these carrot things with chocolate in them, I'll send a picture later. Oh wow I really wish I could eat some Ham and cheesy potatoes right now.
Wow, that's crazy about Heather,(a dear friend who is battling cancer) tell them I'm praying for them. I can't even imagine that. The scripture I'm going to share with you guys today is Alma 7:11-13. And I'll talk more about that in the main email, but it is a blessing to know that we always have someone to confide in that knows exactly what we're feeling, and He knows how to comfort us. 
And I'll send some pictures of food.

Also we were teaching one of our investigators and she can't get baptized because she's not married and she doesn't want to get married because she thinks marriage is pretty much slavery. And it made me pretty sad so thanks to you and Dad for not making marriage look like slavery.  So glad our marriage doesn't look like slavery ! : )
Here is the main email:

Hola everybody!!
This week was really great, especially with Easter!
To start off this week for some reason the water didn't work on Tuesday morning. But there is always an upside. The upside was we didn't have cold showers. The downside is we didn't have showers.
Turns out there are more cow skulls lying around in the street than you think, so I'm pictured with another one. This time I was brave enough to pick it up. 
This week Chile played Argentina in soccer. About an hour until the game we developed some sort of disease that made no one want to talk to us. Seriously, if we tried to talk to anyone they would say "the game!" and run to their house. We didn't have too much success haha. 
For Easter the Ward Mission Leader gave us some chocolate eggs and a less active gave us this foam carrot filled with candy, so it was pretty awesome. 
If you guys could keep praying for Marta that would be great because she is having troubles going to church, something always happens and she's not able to go. Also pray for my Spanish. 
This week we have been talking to a lot of people about the Atonement of Jesus Christ (because of Easter). A scripture that I love is Alma 7:12. Scriptures are more powerful when you read the out loud so I want you to read this out loud:
"And He will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people;  and he will take upon him (Your Name)'s infirmities (pains, trials, afflictions)  so that his bowels will be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor (Your Name), according to the infirmities (pains, trials, afflictions) of (Your Name)."
I know that Jesus Christ suffered for each one of us. He suffered so that He can help us. He knows your trials, challenges, and pains perfectly. He knows you perfectly. I know that if we accept Him and His Atonement we can receive help and strength to bear our trials. Put your trust in Him and He will help you.
Bueno, hope you guys are all doing well, I'm praying for you!
Love,
Elder Cheney











No comments:

Post a Comment