Tuesday, March 8, 2016

March 7, 2016

This week was great! We know the area a little bit better so we have more purpose haha. We are still searching for more people to teach so pray for us, but we are getting settled in. We have a couple people that we have appointments with and I`ll let you guys know how that goes.
So everyone knows the song an icecream truck plays when it goes around a neighborhood right? Well Olmuè has the gas can truck. It drives around playing the exact same song as an icecream truck but it sells cans of gas haha. The first time I heard it I was so pumped to get some icecream. It was a big let down haha. 
I was going to send pictures but I don`t have an adaptor. I`ll have to send them next week. Anyways I found my go to food from now on. It`s a sandwich with avocado, cheese, and tuna. It is seriously the best thing ever. Everyone needs to go make one right now. 
Another food that we had this week was Pastel de Choclo, which is pretty much mashed corn with some hidden gems. It kind of looks like cornbread but inside there is a hunk of chicken, bone and all, just hanging out. But the thing that you have to watch out for are the olives. There are just full size olives chilling in there and they are strong. Over all it was a pretty enjoyable experience though haha. 
If you can`t notice a theme yet there is a lot of food in this email. We went to a member`s house for lunch and we had lunch like normal and everything and I was pretty full. Then she brings out a giant watermelon. She gives me a quarter of this watermelon and I have to eat the whole thing. It is definitely top 5 hardest things I have done in my life for sure. I was so full after that I could barely walk. 
Besides all the food this week it was actually spiritual too haha. I scripture that I read that I love is Alma 38:5. It says, "As much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and in your troubles, and your afflictions." I know that everyone has challenges and trials in their life. I also know that God can help us through these challenges. He is there waiting for us to put our trust in him. Sometimes we need to humble ourselves and put our trust in God to help us. Then we can be delivered from whatever we are facing, or maybe we will be helped though the adversity, but He will be there with us. 
Love you guys!
Elder Cheney

No comments:

Post a Comment