Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September 12 and 19, 2016

September 12:

That's sweet about Tyler, good luck to him! (Daniel's cousin Tyler just left on a mission, his first cousin to serve a mission!)
I just finished John and am starting up on acts, I want to finish in September the new testament so we'll see how that goes. 
BYU is still awesome (in reponse to the football loss to Utah), so I'm already over it. 

This week we have been on the search for people to teach and we're still in the process of finding people that are interested. So en eso estamos. 
So I'll just share a quote from Elder Holland: "Christ has overcome the world... Our fundamental requirement is to have faith in Him and follow Him- always. When He bids us to walk in His way and by His light, it is because He has walked this way before us, and He has made it safe for our own travel here." 
I know that Christ is the perfect example and the only way for us to return to our Heavenly Father. He is willing to help us, we just need to let Him. 
Hope you guys have a great week!
Love,
Elder Cheney
September 19:

That's awesome about Nathanael, he'll be great out there. (Daniel's friend who just received his mission call) And that reminds me, I finished 8 months this week, the time is flying by. I don't want to think about it. 

I really like the talk (The Inconvenient Messiah by Elder Holland), it is amazing to think about how he overcame all of the trials and they were made by the best tempter ever. He knew where it would hurt most and that's where he tried to tempt Jesus.
Wow, Dustin is doing a lot. Something that adds a lot of pressure is having older siblings that have done it before. That's something I like about the mission, I'm Elder Cheney, I'm not anyone's brother, son, or anything, but I'm judged exactly for what I do, so I like that. Obviously, I love you guys, but sometimes there is a lot of pressure added to be like your family. Just tell Dustin to keep doing what he's doing. It's hard to see how unimportant the people are (apart from a couple) in high school until the day after graduation. But he's a good kid and it seems like he's doing the right things. 

If people ask how I am tell them to write me and figure it out. Haha just kidding, I'm doing really well. Even though I haven't written much about what we are doing here I love being a missionary (I can say that now without lying- we always lie at the beginning) and I'm learning a ton, all the good stuff. Being with Elder Carter has been really cool because I have 100% of the responsibility and it's scary, but I have also seen the most growth in myself in this past month. He's been having a tough time lately so I've had to help him out and try to comfort him haha, but he's a good kid. 
Yesterday was the 18th and that is when they celebrate the first national meeting of chile( pretty much independence day) and they eat a whole lot of meat, empanadas, and other stuff. So we joined in and ate a bunch. It was really cool, they really go all out and put flags up everywhere. I'll probably still celebrate it when I go home, it's a good time, but I need to learn to make empanadas.
That was pretty much our week, love you all!
Elder Cheney











No comments:

Post a Comment