Sunday, October 1, 2017

September 28, 2017

This week was sweet and there was a bunch of stuff that happened, so I'll try to sum it up the best I can:

They're starting to call me Chef Cheney now. Since I don't have a specific assignment in the office I'm on lunch duty. I made chicken enchiladas and they turned out pretty well. Also Elder Gould had his birthday so I made some Chicken Cordon Bleu, and it was pretty rico also, I made it for like 13 people, so I'm also catering events now. If you have any other recipes that I can try send them to me!!!

Also a recent convert in our ward, Teresa, got married. It was pretty cool I was able to be a witness. It was a civil wedding, so not as cool as a temple one, but they were really happy about it. They have plans to get married in the temple when they can. 

We found some haitians this week that we are teaching. They speak a little bit of spanish and a whole lot of french and criole. So me and the office guys are trying to learn more french to be able to teach them. It's kind of like being a new missionary that doesn't understand the language.  They are really humble and they like to talk to us, but it's hard to get them to commit to anything. They want to go to a baptism we're going to have this week so that is going to be good for them. 

Speaking of that, Fabian is a chico that we're teaching, his family was a little bit inactive but they've been going to church really strongly for a couple of months and they have some goals to go to the temple and get sealed. He's a cool little guy, he's like 10 or 11. So he'll get baptized on Friday. 

I have an invitation for you guys, share the Gospel this week! On twitter, facebook with someone at the store, just find an opportunity to share the Gospel with someone that needs it!

Love you guys!
Elder Cheney

No comments:

Post a Comment