Friday, July 29, 2016

July 25, 2016

Freaking Cosmo hahahaha I love that guy. That's sweet about Dustin, he has to work there when I get back so I can get some sweet discounts. Sounds like you guys are doing good! Is Dustin putting pictures on instagram? I only have one Christmas wish and that is that my brother can keep his promises.
This week was a little wild. We have had to travel a lot in bus and have been really busy. Last Monday I had a really bad cold and was blowing my nose all day then Tuesday we left to work for a little and then I starting having a fever so we went back to the house. The thermometer said 39 degrees Celcius and my companion says that's like 102 fareinheight. My head hurt like no other and I was burning up. So I should probably be dead. But yea I was really uncomfortable, but I slept practically from 5pm to 5am (We had to get up early to go to a zone conference.) But the blessing was that when I woke up to go Wednesday the fever was gone and just a little bit of the sniffles. Now I'm all good, 100%.
I did my first baptism interview and it was a really great experience. It was with a girl that is like 21 and her testimony was so awesome so it made it a very enjoyable experience and I'm looking forward to doing it again. 
A scripture that I read in personal study that stuck out to me in Alma 39:14. It says something like "Don't search the riches or the vanities of this world, because behold, you can't bring them with you." I was thinking about that and was like oh crap, I have some things that I like that I don't want to lose. Then I thought ok if I can't bring my stuff with me, what can I bring with me? And the answer is knowledge and your family and friends. So I'm glad that if I can only bring a few things with me they're the things that are most important. Right now I'm working on bringing my friends home and after the mission it'll be my family, but it is a blessing to be a part of this work. 
That's pretty much all that is new with me, it rained a little bit, how's it going up there?
Love you guys!!!
Elder Cheney

No comments:

Post a Comment