Wednesday, February 10, 2016

February 9, 2016

Just to start off I want to let you know that if you ever show a Latino that you know any Spanish they will talk as fast as possible. It's not a joke they actually talk so fast that I'm not sure if they actually are using real words anymore. But Spanish is going great.
Also I want you guys to know the stress that goes into every single letter. I have an hour to write and put a week of activities into one letter. It is probably the most stressful hour every week. I just hope you guys appreciate the letters for the gold they are.
So I got sick this week for my birthday haha. One of the elders in my room was sick and I´m pretty sure I got some Colombian strain of a cold. It's fine though because my companion's mom gave him a pharmacy so he had me covered. I'm still recovering but it's just a runny nose now. Being sick is not as fun when you can't just lay around all day.
Also on my birthday I guess someone told the zone leaders so before we started personal study they sang happy birthday to me. I wasn't really paying attention so they said my name and I thought they were calling on me to give a prayer so I stood up and everyone started singing happy birthday to me. It was pretty embarassing , but luckily they made me give the prayer after that anyways. Also the sisters in my district gave me some Chilean candy so it was a pretty dope birthday.
One of the Elders in my room wanted to learn some English (The same one that infected me) and he likes Rocky so I taught him "How you doin'?" As in "How you doin' Adrian?" So he went around all day saying that to everyone he saw. It was really funny but he started saying to all the sisters too. I told him not too but it's fine.
Going along with that, for one of the devotionals on Sunday we practiced helping all the Latinos say the apostles names with a North American accent. It was pretty funny because names like "Christofferson" and "Uchtdorf" don't come very naturally.
I don't know how many of you have seen the Scott Sterling video on YouTube but that was me in soccer today. I don't know what it was but for some reason the ball was really attracted to my face. I caught it straight to the face about 3 or 4 times, I can't remember because I have a concussion haha, just kidding. But yeah I won't be goalie for a little bit.
Also I learned a magic trick from one of my teachers. So I can make a coin disappear at the snap of a finger. It's probably the most useful thing I've learned so far haha. But it is pretty sweet and if you guys are lucky I'll show you in two years.
Sundays at the MTC are pretty sweet because it's just a bunch of classes and devotionals that are usually in English. Next week we go with the Latinos becuase we'll be 5 and 6 weekers. But the devotionals are always super awesome and they are recordings from the Provo MTC so it's usually an apostle. Also we get massive breaks which is awesome (By massive I mean like ten extra minutes in between classes).
So all the Latinos left and the Gringo district right above us too. I was actually pretty sad. I'm going to miss them but they are all going to go out there and kill it. We'll be getting a new group on Wednesday. It is 30 Latinos and no Gringos so that will be interesting.
This week I want to share a quote from Elder Henry B. Eyring. He says "When my body begs for rest and I'm tempted to look to something other than my duty, I say REMEMBER HIM!" I really like this quote because I'm tired a lot haha and it's really easy to say "Oh I worked hard, I deserve a break" but really no matter how much we work or how much we serve we are always in debt to the Lord. We can't repay it back no matter how much we try. We should always be striving to go the extra mile and be a good representative of Jesus Christ. And by being a representative of Jesus Christ we need to do what He did, say what He said, and go where He went. I encourage all of you to try and see where you can improve to be a better example of Jesus Christ or step up and serve someone else better. I know that if we all do this we will be happier and more satisfied in our lives.
That's a wrap for the fourth week in the MTC!!
Love you guys,
Elder Cheney
 







 






No comments:

Post a Comment