Thursday, July 20, 2017

July 19, 2017

Honestly, I'm having a good time in the office. We can't go out as much and some times it's really stressful to have a lot of office work to do (yesterday we were there until 10 doing stuff), but I like it. It's good experience and we're helping people. But there isn't a lot of new stuff so that might be why my letters are lame. But I'm doing peachy. 

Speaking of peachy we had one heck of a day today. We went to a huge flea market(the biggest in the "state") and we looked at a ton of stuff. I got a tie for about 30 cents and it's pretty dope. i'll send a picture with next week or something. And after we drove out to a beach called Quintay and it was super pretty. We threw a frisbee around for a while and then played some volleyball (we stayed far from the water). It was super fun and we were able to run around a lot so that was cool. Next week we have changes so it'll be a pretty crazy week. I'll have pday next saturday (the 29th). 

Some news with Victor. It's been going really well. We've talked a lot about baptism and he wanted to get baptized we just couldn't get a day set up. Today he called us and was like "Yea, I'm going to get baptized Saturday" And he's super excited for it. Yesterday he went to the family history center and worked there for like an hour and a half. Sunday in church we used a card from the area with some goals for the temple, sabbath day, and self reliance. He put under temple get baptized for his ancestors, sabbath day he put do an extra fast every month and go to church, and under autoreliance he put get baptized and confirmed. Then he shared his goals with the stake president. He's a really cool guy, he's 62, but he acts like a 55 year old. So we're going to be planning the things out for his baptism this Saturday!!!

Have a great week and pray that I get some sleep!!!
Love you!!
Elder Cheney

p.s. I think I'm going to start putting spaces because makes my letter look bigger.
An extra email to his dad:
The office is really nice, but sometimes it gets stuffy in there if we are there too much time. We haven't had completos in a while, but we've had a lot of avocado.
I miss the Lake House, it's so fun over there. One of my companions is from Logan and he's pretty much a cowboy so he's getting me pretty excited to go backpacking and fishing up in the mountains. My other companion went to BYU before the mission and he's going straight from the mission to BYU. He's getting there 2 days after classes start. I think that would be horrible. I would not want to get to school late and just off the mission. I think it'll be good to have time to work and whatnot. 
Just now we had a ward conference and there was a lot of focus on the temple. There's the temple in Santiago and they're building one in Concepcion and now they want one here in Viña. Did you know an Elder McCracken in your mission? Our investigator went and he loved it. He's so prepared to recieve the Gospel He says he feels like God has called him and chosen him. He calls us his spiritual guides its really awesome to teach him. He's going to get baptized this weekend and confirmed. We're going to get him to go to the temple in August. He's already started on his family history work. 
In my mission one of the things I've learned or acquired is a love for the scriptures. Before it was a pretty big chore to read the scriptures, but now it's so awesome to have a hour to be able to read and study the scriptures. It has helped me a lot in my teaching and in my own life when I have scriptures in my mind. 
Actually we gave one of the Liahona magazines to Victor and he loves it. He read the two from President Monson and he said "that's great it just makes so much sense, we have to have charity or we're nothing." It's the best feeling ever to teach someone that understands and wants to learn more.
Love, Elder Cheney








No comments:

Post a Comment